63° Marion, MA

The Log

The Student News Site of Tabor Academy

The Log

The Log

Wednesday Wrap-up, 4/17

Catch up on sports and co-curriculars!
Kaitlin Sullivan
Jihan Al Malki ’25 working in the ceramics studio. (Reni Cox ’26)

Applied Art
Yesterday, students in Applied Art gathered in the Braitmayer, ready to continue their creations. The ceramists are working productively, enjoying the peaceful environment. Ella O’Brien ’27 described her current piece as three houses inspired by her travels in London, explaining how this project has helped her expand her hand-building skills. Duncan Albritton ‘26 and Leon Stanley ‘25 are working on two movie projects, one big and one small. Leon thinks that the big project will be a “crowd pleaser” while the smaller one is a horror film—a passion project. Stay tuned to see what else these artists produce in the spring term! 

Duncan Albritton ’26 working on his film project. (Reni Cox ’26)

Girls Varsity Lacrosse 
Girls Varsity Lacrosse went against the Dexter Bearcats under the lights yesterday. Even though they fell behind at the start, they did not yield under Dexter’s strong attacks. Eden Ocampo ’25 scored twice and Ellie Amato ’26 contributed another goal soon after, bringing the score to 6-8The team exhibited smart tactics, swift moves, and cohesive work throughout the game, but sadly lost 9-16.  They will rebound before they host the Brooks on Saturday, April 20.

Boys Varsity Tennis
Boys Varsity Tennis hosted a tough Belmont Hill team. They kicked the afternoon off with doubles, and after a chain of intense rallies and a great show of partnership, they lost the doubles point. The team 
didn’t let the loss slow them down as they headed into the singles matches. Juan Torres ’24, with his swift movements and powerful swing, pulled out an impressive win in his match. Unfortunately, after a series of close matches, the team lost 1-6. Despite the loss, the team is now readying themselves for another match at St. Sebastian’s School this Saturday.  

Donate to The Log

Your donation will support the student journalists of Tabor Academy. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.