57° Marion, MA

The Log

The Student News Site of Tabor Academy

The Log

The Log

Winter Musical Preview

Behind the scenes of Footloose!
Sophia Kim/The Log
Musical cast running Act 2 of the show Footloose ahead of their upcoming shows.

The Winter Musical cast is working on the upcoming show Footloose! Set in a small Midwestern town where dancing has been banned since its founding in 1898 to reduce the number of people drinking heavily Footloose follows the story of Ren McCormack, played by Richard Ye ’24, who moves to a small town in the Midwestern region and finds out that dancing and rock music are prohibited. Ren struggles to fit in and faces the tough challenge of bringing change to the town. He works with new friends, Willard Hewitt and Ariel Moore, to loosen the town’s conservative atmosphere.  

Upbeat music and lively choreography reflect the show’s focus on dance. Richard Ye ’24 says he has spent significant time perfecting his dance moves for the performance. Dance Coach Steve Vaughn, who works with the students during the fall and spring terms, choreographed the fun and energetic routines to enhance the overall enjoyment of the show.  

While he does not have one favorite number, Jace Lee ’25 suggests that “I Need a Hero,” performed by Anna Ambarik ’24, Chloe Kim ’25, Katlyn Craig ’25, and Addison Husband ’25, might be a highlight. He said, “This powerful piece features a four-part harmony, and the song is vibrant!”

As the cast and crew put in tremendous effort for this upcoming production, rehearsing every night and on the weekend, Seawolves should be excited for another great show. For a preview, take a look at the vintage-style posters hanging all over campus.  

Stay tuned to The Log for a behind-the-scenes look at how the costume team decides how to design and create the cast’s costumes. 

Donate to The Log

Your donation will support the student journalists of Tabor Academy. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.