59° Marion, MA

The Log

The Student News Site of Tabor Academy

The Log

The Log

Wednesday Wrap-up, 4/24

…and a recap of Community Service Day!
Nathan Wu

Girls Tennis
Yesterday, the Girls JV tennis team worked hard during their match against the Groton Zebras, with Kate Conover ‘27 and Emily Costa ‘27 pulling through and winning their doubles match. Although losing 1-5, their excellent sportsmanship and strong rallies reflect their dedication

The Girls Varsity Tennis also played the Groton Zebras. Despite tough matches, the Seawolves did not back down, fighting hard until the very end. Although they lost 0-9, their level of play revealed their perseverance.  

Both teams take on the Thayer Tigers this Saturday.  

Applied Music
Every weekday afternoon, Applied Music meets in Hoyt to practice. The upper floor radiates with productivity. Some work independently, others with their peers, and most work tucked away in a practice room. Some of the musicians simply practice their craft, fiddling with different songs. Others, like Richard Ye ’24, work on refining performances. Richard is working on a guitar solo to be performed in Chapel soon. Most people only see the final performance, missing the hours of practice in Applied Music. We can’t wait to see everyone’s progress in the Applied Music recital later this spring! 

Community Service Day
Yesterday, 44 Seawolves went to Fort Phoenix Park in Fairhaven to collect trash along the coast. Despite the windy weather, they worked together for nearly two hours: some picked up trash, while others held the trash bags. Through cleaning up the beach, they strengthened teamwork and gained awareness about how to protect our environment. 

Nineteen Tabor students visited Gifts to Give. After an educational tour of the organization and how it helps children in need, the Seawolves were eager to get to work. They spent two hours shining shoes or solving puzzles, making sure there were no missing pieces

Donate to The Log

Your donation will support the student journalists of Tabor Academy. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.