65° Marion, MA

The Log

The Student News Site of Tabor Academy

The Log

The Log

Wednesday Wrap-up, 1/10

Catch up on this week’s co-curriculars!
Tabor Photopool/Liv Avila
Boys’ JV Basketball rests on the bench ahead of more action.

Boys’ Varsity Squash 

Wednesday was a significant day for Boys’ Varsity Squash, as they fought hard together to pull off an upset win against Milton Academy with a final score of 4-3. Numbers 1 and 2, Juan Jose ‘24 and Thomas Valderrama ‘24, gave Tabor a strong start going 3-0 against each of their opponents, with Juan winning one of his sets with an impressive 11-0 shutout. While each Seawolf fought their own game on the court, cheering them on above them was an impressive gathering of students to help Tabor pull away with a win. Morale was high going into the next matches. In close matches, Milton tied the score up at 2-2, but Tabor was not deterred. Number 5 Benjamin Kuo ‘25 showed tremendous skill as he won his match rallying the crowd together. And to secure the win Number 7, Eagle Pei ‘26 as only a sophomore on varsity was able to defeat his opponent to help the boys earn their fourth win and boost their record to 4-2. 

The Winter Musical 

The Tabor Musical Cast is gearing up for their phenomenal showcase Footloose. This past Wednesday, the musical team gathered for a photo shoot for their posters, and the entire musical team transformed Hoyt Auditorium into a sea of vibrant Seawolves, donned in lively attire that mirrors their roles. The camaraderie within the team has created a dynamic atmosphere, seamlessly blending professionalism with contagious laughter. As the moment approaches for their dedicated efforts to shine on stage, we should stay tuned! 

Boys’ Varsity Hockey 

Tabor Boys’ Varsity Hockey had their first home game since students returned from Winter Break on Wednesday afternoon, falling to the Milton Academy Mustangs 1-6 after three periods of fast-paced, physical hockey. Tabor struck first, with sophomore Chase Watts ’26 scoring a beautiful goal right past Milton’s talented goaltender. Despite valiant efforts on defense and by Owen Byers ’25 in net, Milton scored six unanswered goals. As always, the Travis Roy Arena was filled to the brim with spectators. We look forward to cheering Boys’ Varsity Hockey on next at 5:00 pm this Friday when they face Portsmouth Abbey School at home. 

Donate to The Log

Your donation will support the student journalists of Tabor Academy. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.