65° Marion, MA

The Log

The Student News Site of Tabor Academy

The Log

The Log

Wednesday Wrap-up, 12/13

Catch up on the latest activities on campus!
Tabor Photopool/Johnny Jordin
Boys’ Varsity Hockey celebrates a goal.

Art  

Seawolves in After-school Art at Tabor Academy are passionately working for the grand finale — the Winter Art Show, where masterpieces come to life under the spotlight. As the semester unfolds, these artistic souls are on a mission: creating about three artworks during the term. This past Wednesday in the Braitmayer Building, Taylor McDermott ’24 worked on sketching the intricate details of Victorian houses with a flair for realism. Taylor shares, “I am drawn to the beauty of realism and creating pictures that transport you into a different era.” Another artistic Seawolf, Julia Conn ’24, is delving into the vibrant world of Matisse and Andrae. With two copies of these creative artworks, Julia is trying to infuse her interpretations into the mix. “Recreating these masterpieces allows me to capture the absence of beauty in my own artistic language,” she explains, creating a visual dialogue between classic and contemporary. Curious minds inquire, “Why do you do art?” For Kentaro Suzuki ’24, it is all about the “freedom of expression.”  Get ready to explore our Seawolves’ artistic odyssey, where every stroke is a step toward self-discovery and where the grand finale awaits in the form of the spectacular Art Show! 

Kentaro Suzuki ’24 (left), Taylor McDermott ’24, and Julia Conn ’24 (right), working in the Braitmeyer on one of their three pieces.

JV Hockey 

Tabor JV hockey team had an unfortunate loss in a close game to St. Seb’s on Wednesday. JV hockey maintains a winning record after the loss being 3-1. The game started slow, ending the first period 0-0, but instantly you knew it was going to be a competitive and aggressive game. Throughout the second period St. Seb’s scores three consecutive goals. Before going into the last period Leo Kavey scores a goal with an assist from Nathan Wu to bring them into the locker room with hope. Last period of play and Alex Wang has a rebound goal to bring them back in the game with a few minutes to go. Unfortunately, they couldn’t score after pulling their goalie and they lost in a close game 2-3. 

JV Girls Hockey 

In a Wednesday afternoon showdown at their home rink, Tabor’s Girls JV Hockey team faced off against St. George’s School. The game began with Tabor trailing 2-0 in the first period, setting the stage for a comeback. Tabor became determined, putting on a performance as they came back to score an impressive five consecutive goals. However, St. George’s School then managed to break through and score, adding a layer of suspense to the match. Undeterred, Tabor responded with another goal to secure a 6-3 victory by the end of the game. The scoreboard reflected the intensity of each period, with Tabor trailing 3-2 after the first, leading 5-3 after the second, and ultimately claiming a 6-3 final victory. 

Donate to The Log

Your donation will support the student journalists of Tabor Academy. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.